Monday, September 6, 2010

The Road to Trinity Baseball

*Beau Attyah
Ever since I was a kid, I have always wanted to play college baseball and possibly even continue down the road with professional ball. Throughout my childhood, however, I told myself that I only wanted to play at a big division one school just like all those teams on ESPN. So when I started my junior year in high school, the biggest year for recruiting, I attended well over twenty different division one schools looking for the perfect fit. Sadly, I honestly didn’t find one - not even one - as right for me. I told myself that maybe baseball in college just wasn't for me and that I should just look for somewhere I can receive college experience. 
As the year wound down, I just couldn’t let my dreams of becoming a college athlete slip through my fingers. I expanded my options of not just playing baseball at a division one level, and researched thousands of other schools from DI through JC programs. One school that really jumped out at me was Trinity University. Even though I had no prior knowledge about Trinity, something hit me - it could have been their colors or the mascot - I just don’t know, but I knew this was the school for me. When I quickly researched the school and the baseball program, I found out that the academic level was going to be a stretch. While applying to Trinity I talked to the coaches and fell in love with the program, and knew that this was my number one choice. My dream became a reality when I realized I would be attending Trinity University. Ever since I got here it’s been the perfect fit for me and I cannot wait to continue here for the next four years.




Creative Commons License
Baseball by Beau Attyah is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment